I am presently working as a Consultant General and Bariatric Surgeon at Homerton University Hospital in London, UK. I also have practising privileges in multiple private hospitals in London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
Honorary Senior Lecturer
I am working as Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Blizard Institute, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) in London, UK.
Fellow – American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (FASMBS)
I’m awarded ‘Fellow’ of American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) in 2016.
Director – London International Bariatric Surgery Symposium (LIBSS)
I am the Director of ‘London International Bariatric Surgery Symposium (LIBSS)’ which organised the first symposium ‘LIBSS – 2019’ at Homerton University Hospital between 21st-22nd November, 2019 in London, UK. It was a hugely successful event attended by approximately 200 attendees from 22 countries around the world. The next symposium ‘LIBSS – 2021’ is due in November this year.
Book Editor: Obesity, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery: A Practical Guide & Obesity, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery: A Comprehensive Guide
I’m an Editor for a book titled ‘Obesity, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery: A Practical Guide’ published by Springer (September, 2015). The book has achieved >190,000 individual chapter downloads electronically worldwide so far. Under my editorship, a 2nd edition of this book titled ‘Obesity, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery: A Comprehensive Guide’ is due to be released soon (2021). This 2nd edition is part of the prestigious Springer Nature’s Major Reference Works (MRW) program.
Master Surgeon in Metabolic and Bariatric SurgeryTM (MSMBSTM)
I’m designated as ‘Master Surgeon in Metabolic and Bariatric SurgeryTM, MSMBSTM’ since 2012 by Surgical Review Corporation of USA. It was previously called ‘Surgeon of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric SurgeryTM (SOEMBSTM)’ & ‘Bariatric Surgeon of ExcellenceTM (BSOETM)’. Worldwide, this is seen as a marker of quality assurance in patient care. I’ve the honour of being the Only Weight-loss/Obesity Surgeon in the UK to achieve this certification.
Member – Top Doctors® UK
I was invited to join Top Doctors® UK and become a member of their international medical team. Top Doctors® is a global reference for international medicine and e-Health, bringing together the most renowned specialists in Europe, Latin America and the USA.
* I’ve the honor of being the First Post-CCT Fellow in Bariatric & Upper GI Surgery awarded under National Surgical Fellowship Scheme through the Royal College of Surgeons of England in partnership with Surgical Specialist Associations in Taunton for a year (2009-10).
* I was awarded Association of Surgeons in Training (ASiT) Bariatric Fellowship in Brugge (Bruges), Belgium for 3months (October–December, 2009).
* I was also awarded Ethicon Short Term Clinical Visit Grant by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh for the Gastric Fellowship at National Cancer Center & Cancer Institute Hospital in Tokyo, Japan in September, 2008.
Experiences (Clinical & Academic)
* I had extensive training in UK, Belgium, Japan & India and have an experience of over 1250 laparoscopic bariatric procedures to date. In addition, I have undertaken more than 2500 general surgical procedures so far.
* I train other surgeons in bariatric & laparoscopic surgery.
* I am actively involved in obesity research as Principal Investigator for multiple studies at Homerton.
* I have made numerous presentations (>150) at national & international meetings as well as multiple publications (>130) in peer-reviewed journals.